Fundraising and Communications - Maternity Cover
Post Fundraising and Marketing Coordinator (maternity cover)
Term 6 months
Salary £24,105 pro rata (plus 6% pension contribution)
Other Death in service insurance
Hours 3 days (21 hours) per week. Some evening and weekend work may be required
Reporting to CEO
To raise the profile of Nomad Opening Doors (including its trading arm, Four Trees Lettings) across Sheffield and beyond ensuring that its reputation grows while raising much needed funds to support all aspects of the organisation through sponsorship opportunities, campaigns, donations, events and a wide range of related activities and initiatives.
The post holder will-
- Lead, co-ordinate and deliver effective fundraising and marketing for Nomad in order to grow organisational profile and numbers of supporters and diversify our income base.
- Communicate Nomad’s messages and campaigns to wide-ranging audiences.
- Manage Nomad’s website and social media, maintaining a high quality, up-to-date presence that reflects our services.
- Develop fundraising activities and events in Sheffield.
- Assist the CEO and Head of Services with large grant applications through the provision of
information and marketing literature as required.
- Respond to media enquiries with the support of the CEO.
- Keep clear, up to date records of donations made.
- With support, ensure good practice in data protection of all records.
- Coordinate and analyse data and case studies for the purposes of reporting to the SMT, Board
and to feed into organisational development.
The post holder will-
- Deliver effective marketing practices to raise our local profile.
- Link our work to national campaigns and news stories.
- With the CEO and Head of Service, create good quality marketing
materials for Nomad and support staff and volunteers to use appropriately.
- Be the key owner of Nomad social media accounts and website.
The post holder will –
- Be an active member of the Nomad Team adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Be an ambassador for Nomad Opening Doors.
- Deliver fundraising events with the support of CEO and Head of Services as required.
- Deliver any other reasonable tasks as directed by your line manager.
You’ll need to show evidence of the following:
- Knowledge of good fundraising practice
- Knowledge of the third sector in Sheffield
- Excellent negotiation and networking skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Proactive with excellent time keeping
- Confident with communicating our mission to a range of audiences
- Ability to write clearly to a specific brief
- Well organised
- At least 2 years’ experience working in fundraising, communications or marketing.
- Demonstrable experience of working to deadlines.
- Experience of planning and monitoring work against targets.
- Significant experience of working in a small team with limited resources.
- Commitment to our mission and purpose.
- Dynamic and innovative.
- Resourceful and flexible
For more information about the organisation visit:
For more information about the role call Steve Rundell on 0114 3210262
To apply, please submit your CV with covering letter detailing how you meet the skills and experience listed in the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications 23rd December 2021.
Interview date to be confirmed